Momentai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Ghost Hound*

2 posters

Go down

*Ghost Hound* Empty *Ghost Hound*

Post  VehementlyIndifferent Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Ghost Hound is an anime that I've found pretty enjoyable, though I kind of dropped it because I got busy. I need to start over and watch it from the beginning to make sure I remember everything, but it's good enough that I don't particularly mind. It's a sort of horror/supernatural/psychological anime, and I would definitely recommend it. It's a little slow, but that just keeps the tension up, in my opinion. Opening seems to not really fit, but I still liked it. The song during the credits is a little haunting, and actually made me almost cry a little every time I heard it.

I posted a brief overview of it on my blog (spoiler-free) that I would like to link, however the forum won't let me post a link to it, so I guess anyone who cares will just have to click the link to my website below my avatar for now.

Last edited by VehementlyIndifferent on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
VehementlyIndifferent
VehementlyIndifferent
Lagaan

http://vehementlyindifferent.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

*Ghost Hound* Empty Ghost Hound

Post  Dr. Professor Flarbles Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:49 pm

I watched the first episode of the show. I wasn't real sure if it would take off or not because i wasn't sure where the series was going. So do you think this would be well worth the watch? I just wasn't sure about the pacing of the series.
Dr. Professor Flarbles
Dr. Professor Flarbles
Lagaan

Back to top Go down

*Ghost Hound* Empty Re: *Ghost Hound*

Post  VehementlyIndifferent Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Pacing is a bit difficult to really explain. It's not one of those high-intensity, "things happen all the time" shows where there are always things going on. Most people would say it's a little slow paced, I would suppose, but things do start moving along a bit better compared to the first couple episodes. I think part of the effectiveness of the show is it's slower pacing, though. There are some genuinely VERY creepy parts of it, which benefit from the fact that you aren't always bombarded with these moments. It also has some very good use of garbled radio sounds, which makes situations very freaky.
VehementlyIndifferent
VehementlyIndifferent
Lagaan

http://vehementlyindifferent.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

*Ghost Hound* Empty Re: *Ghost Hound*

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum