*Mushishi*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*Mushishi*

Post  VehementlyIndifferent on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Mushishi is another interesting series that I've started. I've only actually watched the first two episodes I think, but it's still really good. It's one of those weird shows that is kind of enthralling. It's kind of a slow-paced show, but that doesn't really hurt it, in my opinion. I actually stumbled across it while looking at recommended shows that are similar to Bartender, if anyone liked that. I wouldn't particularly say they're a lot alike, but the main character in Mushishi helps people with their problems with a similar amount of insight into these various characters.

In Mushishi, there are these little tiny organisms known as "mushi", which are very enigmatic, and very few people even know of their existence. There are those who devote themselves to researchign the mushi, who are known as "mushi-shi". Ginko, the main character of Mushishi, is one of these people. Ginko travels around, helping people deal with problems that are associated with mushi, while doing his research.

It's a very interesting show. Like I said, I've only watched the first two episodes, I think, but it still seems very good. The art style in it is amazing, and it's a very pretty show. The imagery is very... odd. I'm particularly thinking of a part of the second episode that freaked me out a lot, actually. It is a show that I would definitely recommend, though.
VehementlyIndifferent
Lagaan

http://vehementlyindifferent.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

mushishi

Post  nekolover on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:52 am

I watched this for a few episodes and it didn't seem to capture my interest. Maybe there was something else we had watched the other day that caught my interest at the time- I'm not sure the reason why but I may pick it up just to see the ending of it

nekolover
Lagaan

Back to top Go down

Re: *Mushishi*

Post  VehementlyIndifferent on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 am

It's definitely a very interesting series. I've got like 6 episodes or so left, and each one has been pretty great in it's own way. Did you watch the dubbed one? I can't say how that one is, not sure what may have been changed, etc. Also, phone blowing up, lol.
VehementlyIndifferent
Lagaan

Back to top Go down

mushishi

Post  nekolover on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:52 am

It was the dubbed one. Is the japanese one better?

nekolover
Lagaan

Back to top Go down

Post  VehementlyIndifferent on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:07 am

No idea, but in my experience dubs aren't that great. Most of the time.
VehementlyIndifferent
Lagaan

Back to top Go down

dubs

Post  nekolover on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:53 am

Yeah I can relate

nekolover
Lagaan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content